intro

intro

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Kitty Litter, Bangs, and Self-Improvement

Things I am thinking of doing:

Moving the cat litterbox. It's currently in the dining room.  The dining room is a room where I constantly fantasize about having dinner but don't in case Annie needs to make poops.

But where? It used to be in the bedroom but the distracting sound and smell of her making poops in the night would ruin my life. Behind the couch? But people sit there. Out in the middle of the living room?  Do people do that? How about in the kitchen?  Is that unsanitary?  Where do we move her food dish then? And do I really want more reasons for her to be underfoot while I'm cooking?

Bathroom is too small.

I've thought of doing the coat closet when we first come in.  It's currently filled with large shipping boxes and shoes instead of coats.  We could move those. We could put a nice Scentsy lamp in there. To be fair, it only smells right after she's gone to the bathroom. When she covers it with litter the smell goes away. I just don't want to watch/smell her poop where we should eat.

Bringing back the half moon fringe. When I started the blog I was sick to death of my long brown hair with blunt fringe and being compared to Zooey Deschanel. This was because I wanted to be appreciated as my own person and I did not want to be compared to someone else. The problem is, though, I am at that stage of growing out my bangs where they're hanging by my jowls.  I'm not into that whatsoever. So I might be doing a half moon fringe tutorial in the next day or so and you'll get to see me mess up my hair even more.

That's right, I am going to DIY my hair right here, on this blog, for you to witness. It's all very inspiring.

Stop comparing myself to other people. I am a 32 year old office assistant in Annapolis who likes to wear dresses and doesn't always shave her legs. I am tired of being jealous of other people for their amazing supermodel, super social, super important lives. I do believe that I need to change as I want to keep growing as a person, but growing as a person does not mean being threatened because your coworker is taking accelerated classes when you just took a hiatus from school to treat your mental health problems, or looking at every other 32 year old out there and wondering why they're in management positions and you are not. I am still the youngest one in my section doing my job, so age is meaningless. Why do I keep doing this? It is not help me grow. It will not help me figure out what it is I want out of life.

I love this girl. Her lyrics remind me so much of Loretta Lynn and Jewel and they hit me hard.

My wish is that I do these things sooner rather than later.  I hate dwelling in a place of procrastination, indecision, and fear over trivial things like kitty litter, hair, and self-improvement. 

Oh and that I stop coughing. My lungs and throat are so raw. 



Love the Here and Now

No comments:

Post a Comment