intro

intro

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

TRY THIS EASY PHOTOGRAPHY BACKDROP TRICK!

So I can across this seemingly legit pin:


And I thought, "That bokeh backdrop probably makes anything romantic and pretty."

So I picked up the grossest thing I could imagine on my desk to test out that theory. 

What could be sadder than a scraped out jar of peanut butter?  Pretty much nothing.  You can practically see it put its hands under its armpits when it is nervous and then smell them like that.

Here is my empty jar of failure peanut butter sitting on my desk right now, all sad, empty, and alone:




So I took a black binder with shiny stuff from the copy room, propped it up near my monitor, and gave a makeover to my peanut butter jar so it could feel like a superstar. SUPAH STAH.

And here it is during its beautiful photoshoot, feeling alive and at one with the world:

#nofilter


Oh, I forgot ... it definitely is not a makeover without a before and after.  Sorry about that! Here is the before and after:



I love how this pin taught me that we can bring out the photographer and the model in pretty much anything. I have no idea what  I am going to use this for in the future. It sure does look purdy an' fancy-like. SUPAH STAH! Go try it, I want to see the crazy stuff you decide to photograph!

6 comments:

  1. I'm just impressed that something you found on Pinterest worked. The number of things I've pinned that are so obviously NOT GOING TO WORK would fill a book. A very obviously stupid, clearly wrong book. (N.B. They're pinned sarcastically--on a board called "Presented With Comments." It's not like I think they might work, so I'm keeping them to use someday.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There needs to be a Pinterest meetup where we can scientifically test our Pinterest fears/theories and photograph our messy adventures!

      Delete
  2. I need to post picks of the face masks I make. I get recipes from pinterest. They are amazing. I don't have enough courage to try a lot of what I have pinned on there :-/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll try it with you and we can post our disasters and laugh about it and then eat all the works of art :D

      Delete
  3. That's actually a very cool idea. I'll share this with hubs..he'll like it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's surprisingly easy ... whoever thought of it must be very creative.

      Delete