intro

intro

Thursday, April 24, 2014

Maybe I'm a Little Quirky

Perhaps I was a bit trigger happy when I told the world I am not quirky.

I think maybe I was telling the world that I'm not a stereotype of some white girl with bangs who sells things on Etsy and plays the ukulele.

That doesn't mean I'm not quirky.


Sure I have quirks.  Perhaps I'm even full of quirks, mannerisms, foibles, unexpected twists and turns, and flourishes. 

Even if I am quirky, that is not all I am.

I am also not always angry, as well as not always calm. 

What about anyone, truly, is stable?

Does quirky lose all meaning when everyone has parts of themselves that might be exciting or new?

That is what bothers me.  You don't get to call me quirky, weird, or anything when everyone else is the same way.

Not everyone is special. That doesn't mean everyone is unworthy.

What defines me? I do not know, and I also do not care.

In the great words of Dave Barry?

P.S. Don't forget to fart.

No comments:

Post a Comment